The only requirements to be a Block Captain are looking out for your neighborhood and passing on important information to your neighbors.
5 Simple Steps to start your block
- The Rossmoor Neighborhood Watch Committee provides start-up materials and other supplies to all its Block Captains. Materials include an Introduction Letter for Block Captains to use in meeting neighbors, a Participant Sign-up form, and a Block Participant Roster.
- Begin by going house to house, distributing the letter and the sign-up form. Tell your neighbors that Rossmoor now has an up-to-date Neighborhood Watch Program and invite them to participate in it. If there is no one home at the time then materials may be sent by surface mail, with envelopes and postage stamps provided by the RHA Neighborhood Watch Committee.
- As the Participant Sign-up forms are returned the Block Captain fills in and maintains a copy of the Block Participant Roster—either on a computer or in hard-copy form.
- The Block Captain enters each block participant’s email address to their address book.
- The Block Captain forwards Neighborhood Watch-updates and appropriate communications regarding the block to block participants. If people are sent too much information, or if the Block Captain forwards personal emails, participants may feel that sharing their email address was a mistake.
We have simplified our Neighborhood Watch forms to assist Block Captains in keeping the block organized. If you have ideas on changes to the forms or anything else to make the Neighborhood Watch Program more efficient, please let me know. Feel free to contact me at any time.
With an effective Neighborhood Watch program Rossmoor will continue to be a safe community for our families, friends, and neighbors.
Rossmoor’s Neighborhood Watch program is completely voluntary, but only those who sign up will receive our Rossmoor Neighborhood Watch updates, warnings, etc., via email (or other distribution system for participants without email access). Just complete the form below and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Rossmoor Homeowners Association
Member, Board of Directors
Chair, Neighborhood Watch Committee